Funny Spider Story


‘A husband who tried to ‘save’ his wife from a scary spider ended up needing treatment for burns after nearly blowing up his bathroom. Christopher Robinson was ‘encouraged’ by his wife, Janine, to chase the arachnid – but failed to flush out the eight-legged beast when it scuttled behind the toilet. The 28-year-old grabbed an aerosol can of deodorant and sprayed its highly flammable contents toward the spider, covering the surrounding floor and walls. But the lightbulb had blown – so the would-be hero sparked a lighter to get a better look…The resulting explosion blew him back into his hallway and lifted the hatch on the loft. The fireball scorched the bathroom at the couple’s home in Clacton-on-Sea on Monday and left the father of two with superficial burns to his arms, legs and face.

‘Mr Robinson said: “There was just this big puff of flame which came right back at me. It burned my hands and my legs and singed my hair. Luckily, I was wearing my boxer shorts so I did not get burned in a more sensitive area. I feel a bit of a fool. It was like something Del Boy would do in Only Fools and Horses.” Essex fire service added: “We’re not entirely sure whether the spider got away or not – but there was no sign of it” – Metro

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s